Magda Bou Dagher Kharrat, University of Saint Joseph
Magda Bou Dagher Kharrat is a Professor at the University of Saint Joseph in Beirut (USJ) and Director of the Biodiversity and Functional Genomics Laboratory at the Faculty of Science of USJ. She holds an advanced degree from the University of Paris-Sud and a PhD on cedar genetics from the University Pierre et Marie Curie. She is President and co-founder of the NGO Jouzour Loubnan. She is a member of several international learned societies and research consortia and is the author of about 50 scientific papers. Her research work focuses on the genetic characterisation of the biodiversity of Lebanon and the Mediterranean region. The application of his research helps to define concrete and sustainable conservation policies.
Prof. Magda Bou Dagher will explain what the biosphere consists of.
- The Official Wizard Mind – Understanding the atmosphere.
- Journey to the centre of the Earth by Science Etonnante – The lithosphere.
- A Day on Earth, BBC.
- Interactions in an Ecosystem: How Wolves Change Rivers.
- Soil fauna: soil bioturbation.
- Calculate your ecological footprint (valid for Switzerland but will give you a rough idea of your ecological footprint).